This method of rostering allows administrators to upload Schools, Classes, Teachers, and Students to our Educator Center all at once using comma-separated (CSV) spreadsheet files. This article will outline the steps needed to create your roster file and complete the import process. This rostering method is ideal for adding larger populations of students and classes to the Educator Center.
If you only need to enter a small number of accounts, see How to Manually Create a Student Account.
|Note: If your district uses Clever, Classlink, or another automated rostering service, please reach out to your local Administrator to make any needed student or class roster additions or adjustments.
Creating Your Roster File
- Log in to your Educator Center account.
- Click Accounts at the top of your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select Roster.
- From the Roster Management screen, select Update or Add to Current Roster.
- Click the Download the CSV Template link.
- Once downloaded, fill out the template with your school, class, teachers, and student information. The screenshot below has arrows pointing to the eight required fields: School Name, Class Name, Teacher First Name, Teacher Last Name, Teacher Email, Student First Name, Student Last Name, and Student Grade. All rows in required fields need to be completed, even if the information (such as School Name or Grade) is the same in every row.
*For more information on required and optional fields, please see: What are the Required Fields for Rostering via Spreadsheet (CSV) Import?
When you’ve completed entering your information into the template, you will need to save the file in a comma-separated (CSV) format.
|Note: Be sure to save your file in a comma-separated (CSV) format. Do NOT use an Excel (.xls or .xlsx) format because it will fail to import correctly.
Uploading Your Roster File
Now that your roster file has been created and saved in a CSV format, you are ready to upload it to the Educator Center. The steps below will walk you through the process.
- Repeat steps 1-4 listed above and click Upload CSV from the popup in the center of the Roster Management screen.
- Use your computer/device’s file browser to locate the CSV roster file you just created and select it for upload. Once selected, the system will upload the file and immediately run a roster validation check.
- Once the validation check is complete, the system will display a summary of the expected results of importing your file. Confirm these potential updates are correct before moving to the next step.
- If the summary of expected results is correct, click Save Roster to activate the import process.
- Upon completing the import process, the system will again display the Update Summary of the imported file, along with any notifications or messages.
- In your import fails, you will see a notification highlighted in red listed in the Roster Archives. Click on the “failed” message (labeled 1 in the screenshot) will reveal a Show Errors link (labeled 2 in the screenshot) that will provide a list of any errors that were generated while importing your file.
- Use the error log displayed on this screen to identify any issues that may need to be corrected in specific rows and columns of your import file.
- Once all issues have been fixed, you will be able to repeat steps 1-4 of the Upload process to import your corrected file.