The next generation of adaptive learning technology
My Reading Academy is an adaptive, evidence-based solution for pre-K through 2nd grade that’s grounded in science of reading research and designed to help children become skilled, fluent readers by 3rd grade.
The engaging program features over 100+ digital reading experiences that cover over 200 learning objectives. All learning games address concepts covered by common state standards. For many standards, our curriculum and game design teams have unpacked them into more granular learning objectives. These learning objectives are informed by not only U.S. state standards but also international learning standards for Language Arts. The program ensures that each student progresses along a personalized path to mastery of reading skills to become an active, fluent reader.
- In-game, adaptive placement activities quickly identify a student’s current skill level, launching a unique Learning Pathway.
- Captivating videos introduce Learning Objectives with modeling, think-alouds, and explicit, direct instruction.
- Immersive games offer structured practice and scaffolding through the Dynamic Differentiation™ system, leading to accuracy and automaticity in phonemic awareness, phonics, and decoding.
- Rich, interactive reading experiences provide modeling, direct instruction, and guided practice for vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension.
Click through this interactive Student Experience of My Reading Academy to see for yourself.
The Reading Curriculum Includes:
- Concepts of Print
- Sound Patterns in Words and Sentences (Phonological Awareness)
- Identification and Manipulation of Individual Sounds in Spoken Words (Phonemic Awareness)
- Sight Words
- Self-Regulation Strategies
My Reading Academy’s curriculum includes several highly entertaining animated activities, each teaching a specific learning topic. From Letter Tiles discovering sentence structure to Blurts practicing sound patterns in words, these animated videos engage students while they learn.
My Reading Academy features hundreds of fun and interactive games, each designed to teach a specific educational concept. Your students can play games to learn the alphabet or to learn new words! Since all of the games on the site include voiced instructions, they are easy for even young students to learn and play.
With more than 100+ traditional and original stories and nonfiction books, My Reading Academy's library opens a door to worlds of knowledge, adventure, and fun for students.
Reading should be fun, and so should learning to read. Each time they enter My Reading Academy, your students are greeted by their learning companions—Bitsy, Nano, and the Blurts—in a beautifully rendered 3D world. Relatable instructional videos inspire your students to try the same reading challenges and comprehension strategies they see their new friends using.
My Reading Academy’s unique Educator Center dashboards for Administrators, Teachers or Caregivers go beyond task completion and show you what skills your students have truly mastered, providing you with detailed data on the accomplishments and challenges faced by each student. This enables you to focus on what’s most important: individual progress towards the mastery of reading.