Teachers will receive an account setup email from the Age of Learning management system with an activation link to set up an account.
In this article, you will learn how to create your Educator Center Account and troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.
- Activate Your Educator Center Account
- Can't Find My Activation Email
- Expired Activation Link
- Request New Activation Link
- Email Address Not in System
- Conflicting Email Addresses?
Activate Your Educator Center Account
- Check your inbox for your account set-up email from Age of Learning.
- Click the activation link in your email.
- Create a password for the Age of Learning management system account.
- You have successfully activated your Educator Center account.
Can't Find My Activation Email?
If you did not receive your email, look in your junk, spam or promotions folders. Some organizations apply strong filters to emails from outside the organization, and it’s possible the invitation was sent to these folders instead.
Was the Activation Link Expired?
The activation link is good for seven days. If your link has expired, simply click the "here" link (identified by the blue arrow below), and then enter your email address to request a new activation email.
Need a New Activation link?
If you need a new link to activate your Age of Learning account, click here and enter your school email address.
Is your email not in the system?
If your email is not in the system, contact your organization's System Technology Administrator.
Was the activation code not working?
- If you receive the error message " The code you entered is not valid", select Request it here to receive a new code.
- The activation code will automatically be entered directly from your email.
Is your email address already being used by an existing account?
An email address can only be used for one account type at a time. Users with existing accounts, such as home subscriptions or teacher accounts, may be presented with this prompt to resolve the email conflict. Click here to learn more.