Our Educator Center offers teachers using My Math Academy who follow Common Core (CCSS) or Texas Standards (TEKS) easy access to a wide range of downloadable PDF Lesson Plans to supplement their classroom math instruction. This article walks teachers through the simple steps they need to follow.
- First, make sure you have My Math Academy selected in the product drop-down menu at the top-right of your Educator Center screen.
- Click Resources at the top of your Educator Center screen. If your district follows Common Core (CCSS) or Texas Standards (TEKS) for math, you will see Lesson Plans included as one of the categories of resources available to you within the Resources section. Click the Lesson Plans (PDF) link to get started.
- Our Math Lesson Plans are organized so you can easily click to browse by grade (Kindergarten, 1st Grade, 2nd Grade) and specific areas of focus (Data analysis, Geometry, Geometry and measurement, Measurement & Data, Personal financial literacy). The screenshot below shows the Kindergarten Geometry Lesson Plans (for CCSS) that were initially available when we launched this feature (we will continue to add more Lesson Plans in all categories).
- You can enter either CCSS or TEKS into the search box to show only the Lesson Plans aligned to either set of standards. The following screenshot shows a TEKS search and Kindergarten Lesson Plans for Geometry and measurement.
- If you know the code for a specific standard, you can also search for a Lesson Plan addressing that exact standard, such as the following CCSS standard 2.MD.A.1. (Note: Not all codes have Lesson Plans at this time.)
- Click the information icon ( i ) if you'd like to see a brief description of the Lesson Plan before you download the PDF.
- Whether you find it by browsing or searching, simply click the link for the Lesson Plan you’d like to use in your classroom to download the PDF, open it, and print it out. Depending on your device setup, you may be able to click a Downloads icon in your web browser’s toolbar (the screenshot below shows that on a Chrome browser), or the Lesson Plan may go to a Downloads folder or the Desktop on your computer.
- These detailed Math Lesson Plans are all unique but will provide you with everything you need to set up a successful classroom lesson, including descriptions of the Lesson Type, Standards, Materials, Key Vocabulary, Context-Setting, Procedure, Discussion, Differentiation, English Learner Support, and more. The following screenshot shows you the complete Lesson Plan PDF for CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.2.MD.A.1 that we searched for and downloaded in steps 5 and 6 above.