The Educator Center offers two essential Dashboards: our Usage Dashboard (which offers two views: This Week and Overall) our Progress Dashboard. These Dashboards empower educators with data visualization tools to monitor student usage and progress in programs like My Math Academy and My Reading Academy.
Learn about the features of each Dashboard in detail within this article:
Usage Dashboard - This Week
- By default, Dashboards will show data for My Math Academy. If you are looking for My Reading Academy data, click the product drop-down in the upper-left of your screen to switch from My Math Academy to My Reading Academy.
- Once you’ve selected your program, click Dashboards at the top of your page and then Usage. This Dashboard will display student usage for the Age of Learning product you’ve selected during the current week.
Usage Dashboard Features
Program Filter: Click to select the program you want to view. Note: The default program displayed is My Math Academy.
Filters: Click Filters to see usage for organization levels other than the default District level view. Click the District drop-down menu to select an individual School. Then click the Class drop-down to select a specific Class. You’ll be able to drill down into individual student data from there.
Student Engagement This Week: This area will give you a snapshot of the percentage of students currently rostered, the percentage of students currently active in the program, and the percentage of students who are on track to reach the program usage goal of 60 minutes per week. The data in this area will also appear when you select the Overall tab.
- On Track for 60-Minute Goal: This snapshot shows how many active students are on track to reach the usage goal of 60 minutes per week.
Usage Dashboard - Overall
- Click the product drop-down in the upper-left of your screen if you want to switch from My Math Academy to My Reading Academy. (Otherwise, the default view will be for My Math Academy.)
- Once you’ve selected your program, click Dashboards at the top of your page and then Usage. This Dashboard will display student usage for the Age of Learning product you’ve selected during the current week. Click the Overall tab to view data for student usage over the entire time you’ve been using our programs rather than the default view of the current week.
Usage Dashboard Features
Select Program Filter: Click to select the program you want usage data for. Note: The default program displayed is My Math Academy.
Filters: Click Filters to see usage for levels other than the default District level view. Click the District drop-down menu to select an individual School. Then click the Class drop-down to select a specific Class. You’ll be able to drill down into individual student data from there.
Percentage of Rostered Students Who Are Active per Week: This data shows the percentage of students who are using the program per week. This will include all students who are rostered within your organization. Click on the Week of < to see usage data for previous weeks.
Percentage of Active Students by Weekly Time Spent: This data shows the percentage of active students and their status towards reaching the usage goal of 60 minutes. Note: This data is for active students only and does not include any students who did not use the program for that week.
Note: The screenshot above shows data for your entire district/organization. As you scroll down, you will see similar data broken out for individual schools within your district (as seen in the following screenshot for a Demo school).
Usage Data for Schools, Classes, and Students
- Click Filters to see usage for organizational levels other than your default District level view. Then click the District drop-down menu to select an individual School.
- This view will show data for all classes within the selected school that are using the program you have selected (pre-K and kindergarten classes are shown below).
- From this view, you can click on any of the linked Classes to drill down into individual student data. Or you can click Filters and then select a School and Class from there and see student data for This Week or Overall.
Note: The Progress Dashboard does NOT appear in the Dashboards menu by default when you are logged in as an Admin (it will appear for Teachers who are logged in). As an Admin, you can use your Dashboard Filters to select a Class to access the Progress Dashboard.
- First, click Filters. Then, from the District drop-down menu, select an individual School.
- From the Class drop-down menu, select an individual Class.
- Once you’ve selected your Class and you see that new data has loaded, click within the greyed-out area of the page to access your new Class view.
- Click Dashboards at the top of your screen and then Progress.
- The default Progress Dashboard will show a snapshot of data for students This Week. The Skills Progress Status chart shows each student who Needs Support (and the number of skills), has skills In Progress, and has skills Completed. There are also links to Placement Reports for students who have completed their Placement Test (the yellow dot in the screenshot below indicates that one student does not have a Placement Report available).
- Click the Overall tab to access a wealth of progress data over a longer time period. The top section of this Progress Dashboard view is the Road to Next Grade Readiness, which shows Prior Grade(s) and Current Grade Skills in our program. The default view is Current Grade; click the Prior Grade(s) tab to switch views.
Note: Students are considered “Next Grade Ready” when they’ve completed over 90% of the current and prior grade(s)’ content.
- Scroll down to the next section of the Progress Dashboard to see Student Progress towards Next Grade Readiness. For each Class, students are listed as Getting Started (0–50%), Making Progress (51–74%), Almost There (75–89%), and Ready for Next Grade (over 90%). You can click on any student's name to see what skills they are currently working on.
- Scroll down to the next section of the Progress Dashboard to see a color-coded chart listing skills progress for individual grade-level skills for various standards: Common Core State Standards, Florida Early Learning and Development Standards, Florida B.E.S.T, and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS), or All Standard Sets for more generic standards.
- Click the Skills by Standards tab for a rich, detailed, and flexible view of student progress. Use the fields under the Skills by Standards tab to Search for a Standard Code, view data for a particular set of standards, and view by grade level.
- You can drill down into any of the listed standards by clicking on the drop-down arrows ( > ) in the list, and then clicking any of the linked skills.
- Clicking on a linked skill will open a window showing (1) individual student progress on the skill, (2) how the skill aligns with various standards, (3) a preview of the My Math Academy or My Reading Academy game(s) that teach the skill, and (4) a button labeled Making Data Actionable with Recommended Activities.
- Click the blue Making Data Actionable with Recommended Activities button to see our Recommended Activities. The pop-up window will provide everything you need to successfully teach the Skill/Concept with an offline Recommended Activity. You’ll get a list of Materials (often including Printables), a Set Up list, Try It! steps (plus tips) to complete the activity, Learner Reflection, and other helpful tips, including English Language Supports and Success Skills.