Integrating new students seamlessly into your class roster is more than just a task; it's a fundamental responsibility for educators. Within the Educator Center, teachers can efficiently manage their student roster to provide a seamless educational experience.
This article guides you through the process of adding a new student to your class, ensuring they are well-prepared for success.
Add a Student
- Log in to your Educator Center account.
- Click on the Accounts label located at the top of your screen.
- Use the drop-down menu to select the Manage tab.
- Select the Students tab.
- Select the +Create Student hyperlink.
- Fill out the information required in the provided field boxes on the Student Info pop-up.
- Click Save.
Understanding How to Fill Out Student Information
Remember, the only mandatory field is the student's name. However, for an enhanced student experience with the Age of Learning product, we highly recommend including the following information:
- Email: Used to send invitations to parents/caregivers for at-home access.
- Language: For some Age of Learning products, this will determine the language used in the game. This will also determine the language of the invitations sent to parents/caregivers for at-home access.
- Birth month and year: Determines whether the student is presented with the appropriate placement activities for the adaptive learning products, like My Math Academy and My Reading Academy.
Notes: If you use Clever, Classlink, or STFP, to connect to the Educator Center, you must use that tool to make these changes. For more information on third-party rostering, explore these helpful articles: