This method of rostering can be used to upload schools, classes, teachers, and students all at once using a spreadsheet tool.
Please keep in mind, you may use any spreadsheet software you’d like, such as Excel, but it must be able to save the file type “CSV UTF-8”. We strongly recommend trying it out first before getting started.
Creating Your Roster File
- Once you have logged into the Administrator portal, click the Rosters tab on the left-hand side.
- Click CSV Template to download a blank roster template.
- Fill out the template with your school, teacher, and student information.
- Be sure to note which fields are required.
- When you finish entering your information in the template, save it to your computer as a CSV UTF-8 file.
Uploading Your Roster File
- Once you’ve saved your spreadsheet, return to the Rosters tab.
- Click Upload CSV.
- The system will then validate your roster.
- This means that it will check for errors in the file, such as missing fields or duplicate entries.
- If there are any issues with your file, the system will let you know what needs to be fixed so you can edit and re-upload.
- If you need additional help with the upload, please view the following article:
- After the upload file is validated, you will see a summary of how many records will be uploaded.
- Carefully review the information in the summary to ensure the number of students, teachers, and other data entered appears correctly.
- When you’re ready, click Save to upload your roster file to the system.
Once you have successfully uploaded your roster, you are now ready to apply licenses to students for each of the Age of Learning products they will be using.