My Reading Academy and My Math Academy are powered by adaptive learning technology and a patented, evidence-based Knowledge Map that provides each student with a personalized path to mastery through precise placement, guided instruction, immediate and actionable corrective feedback, and embedded assessment. Real-time analytics through our Dynamic Differentiation™ system determine the depth and degree of skill support and level of challenge that’s just right for each learner.
In other words, our programs handle the task of differentiating and optimizing each student's learning experience in real time, eliminating the need to assign anything within the program.
Assigning Activities Based on Dashboard Data
While My Reading Academy and My Math Academy will automatically present each student with the most appropriate activities and at the right level of difficulty, the powerful Usage and Progress dashboards included in our Educator Center can provide insights into student usage and progress to help inform your instruction and even offer you action items and recommended activities for each student.
When you click on the Educator Center’s Dashboards menu and then click Usage from the drop-down, you can scroll down the dashboard page and click on any student name. A new Student Stats window will open offering you a range of student data that includes:
- Usage (in minutes) and whether the student is on track to meet the weekly goal
- Weekly usage calendar that includes both in-class and at-home usage
- Skills completed
- Action items highlighting skills where the student needs additional support
- Recommended activities to target gaps in the student’s understanding
- Take Action: click the View More link for offline activities, including printables, that target areas of need for each student, along with teacher tips
Click Dashboards and then Progress from the drop-down and you’ll see a chart with all your students and the number of skills that they are currently In Progress with, along with those that the student Needs Support with.
Click any of the orange dots for links to the skills the student needs extra help with. Click any of those links and you'll open a new window showing you all the state standards associated with the skill and a game from My Reading Academy or My Math Academy that teaches the skill. At the bottom of that window, click the blue button labeled Making Data Actionable with Recommended Activities.
A new Recommended Activity window will open displaying various offline classroom activities for you. These include printables targeting the areas of need for each student. Additionally, the window provides teacher Success Strategies and English Learner Support. The example below shows how you could assign two students to work on Completing counting sequences for numerals 1-5 in a partner activity to support that skill.
- How do I find student usage?
- How do I find individual student progress data?
- How do I find the student and skills by standards?
- How do I view student progress towards readiness based on skills completed?